Monday, August 3, 2009

DAY THREE - Diary of a Raw Foodist


August 3, 2009 - Toronto, ON - So, for dinner tonight I was craving a good ol fashioned burger. So what I made, was just that... well not exactly. This is the Raw Foodist way of prepping a burger!

Raw Garden Burger
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of soaked nuts (use whichever you prefer. I did half almonds half walnuts)
  • 1/2 cup of carrots
  • 1/8 cup of chopped onion (I don't really measure this... I put in as much as I want... because I can!)
  • 1/2 tbsp raw honey
  • 1/2 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
  • dash poultry seasoning
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1 garlic clove
  • small bunch of parsley
  • small handful of Flax seeds
Directions:
Blend all ingredients together except parsley until it forms a sort of pate. add in parsley and blend quickly to make sure parsley is just chopped in mixture.

I took out some Manna Bread slices for my "bun" and top it off with the "burger" pate and put some organic whole grain mustard for a little kick to the burgers!

That's it! This is probably the only way I would have burgers, considering i'm no grill master and therefor I dont even own a BBQ!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment